B and O Railroad Museum Christmas 2009

Thursday, July 15, 2010

Why is this so hard?!?

This is going to be a short post, but one that I think I will revisit often. Why is parenting so hard now!! Parenting is just not the job of making sure you raise a bright, respectful human anymore. (Don't get me wrong, I want Will to be bright and respectful and human!!) It's just that every time you turn around there is something to be worried or literally frightened about that I may or may not have control over. So the "normal" mom might worry about their child eating sweets, getting kidnapped, getting a disease, or getting hit by a car. I worry about all that plus what pesticides are used on the fruits and vegetables, what is in the meat we eat, what is in the diapers, cleaning supplies, shampoos and soaps, the air we breathe, the water we drink, the list goes on and on. There are certain changes that Paul and I have made since we have had Will. We cloth diaper as much as we can. I make all of our cleaning supplies. I try to buy organic or local as much as possible. (I am so excited to start ordering from South Mountain Creamery next week:) But it never seems like enough to keep Will safe.

Parent (strike that) Living in this day and age is getting harder and harder. I am on information overload. Don't even get me started on advertising and commercialization... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment